Friday, October 30, 2009

Woodberry Baltimore Maryland October 29 2009 11:49 P.M. till 11:59 P.M. (click here)


Heloise Chainsaw and I spent the latter part of the evening reveling in the clouds of Benedryl.
I placed the naked PCM recorder, without mic attachments, between us. The cat mewed and bathed and scratched her haunches while I stared and breathed. We fought occasionally. I left my headset on, thus the feedback, and cranked up the volume to maximum and turned off the limiters. Bass cut-off was switched off. The result is something close to "Construction Sounds" by Potuznik or the Rudolf Eb.er experiments (http://www.artnotcrime.net/r+g/). I tried to compose this piece according to how far the cat was from me, or, as you can hear, the nature of the ambience (and even the spit in my mouth).
Most of the sounds come from us animals, but that giant hum? From the washing machine next door. Thank goodness for the neighbors who do chores at midnight. Gracias for the ambiance.

No comments: