Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Woodberry Baltimore Maryland September 29 2009 10:18 P.M. till 10:28 P.M. (click here)

I decided to take the mic out again to the front porch, but this time I placed it under a pile of dying tall grass, a spot that is nightly infiltrated by crickets. (The theme of the evening, at least for the dying end of summer, is that of the cricket chorus.)

This evening I pointed the mic AWAY from the street. Although the cricket noise was particular (you could hear, distinctly, the various, individual crickets and their respective chirps), the resonance from the house amplified the traffic noise.

It seems to me quite clear that, within the canyonlike aspects of any street, sound, like the wind, especially that which resides in the lower depths, is enveloped and concentrated there.

I plan on creating a few days worth of recordings that visit this "reflective" aspect of houses.

No comments: